Monday, April 7, 2008

The Devil's Swimming Pool (A Piscina do Diabo)

In Zimbabwe , Africa, you will find the magnificent Victoria Falls at a height of 128m. The location is known as "The Devil's Swimming Pool".

During the months of September and December, people can swim as close as possible to the edge of the falls without falling over!

These falls are becoming well known amongst the "radical tourist" industry as more and more people search for the ultimate experience.


Would you dare?













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

o my gosh, that is so freaky. Did you go there? i would NEVER be so brave especially with the kids. whoa.

Lisa M. Jolley said...

Heck No!!! I would never risk my kids lives like that! One large belly flop and off the edge you go!!

Tara said...

So, do you know these people or just ran across these pictures somewhere? I think it's crazee but, it looks SO FUN! can you tell I don't have any kids? lol. This is Tara Holmes, the Thompson's cousin, by the way.

Also. what part of Texas are you living in? I am moving to Brownsville / McAllen (I was told it's about 20 minutes north of South Padre Island) for the summer and was wondering about all of the cool things to see and do there. If you have any tips (it seems like you do a TON of fun stuff), please pass them on to me! I'm glad everything is going so well for you and your family!

I intend to help my children live a longer life than me.

Tom's Farms - Aug 2008

Tom's Farms - Aug 2008